Guide to Rovinj and Pula
Characterful Rovinj has attracted the attention of celebrities, artists and aesthetes since the 1950’s – due to its elegant piazzas, antique old town and the enchanting harbour which is filled with small boats and yachts and backed by a curved Italian-like promenade that is full of vibrantly coloured houses. At the centre of the town is the Saint Euphemia Cathedral, whose spire pokes through the cluster of houses towards the blues of the sky – creating a visage that is not too dissimilar to that of Venice’s St. Mark’s when viewed from the water. Rovinj is perfect for a luxury Croatia holiday, as it’s filled with upmarket restaurants, elegant shopping destinations and the most enduringly charismatic of old world Croatian atmospheres. The old town is our favourite place to dine – though its streets offer much more than wonderful restaurants – they are filled with artists studios, chic cafes and shops – all of which, when combined with the cobbled pathways and antique charm of the town – are an absolute pleasure to explore.
Pula is a stunning Riviera town that the Romans put firmly on the map when they arrived in 177 BC, and bequeathed the town an incredible amphitheatre whose beachside remains are the city’s most revered attraction. The city doesn’t boast much of a seafront, but there’s too much to see inland to justify to spending too much time on the beach anyway. Starting at the Arena, make your way to the Forum which acts as the city square and has architecture dating back to the 10th century, then see the 1st century Triumphal arch Zlatan Vrata and end by touring the city’s many churches.
- 3 Nights in Rovinj on a bed and breakfast basis in 4 or 5 star hotel
- Price includes return flights from London – Regional departures available
- Includes car hire for you to explore the Istria region
- Wine tasting tour is included in this package
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury travel to Croatia with the largest coverage of 4 and 5 star hotels, resorts and cruises
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of the region, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and luxury holidays in Croatia
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues