If you love staying in historic buildings, then this hotel might be just what you are looking for. It is said that the first bishop of Kotor has lived in this beautiful building many centuries ago, and plenty of the original features still remain, such as the lovely stone walls.
The rooms are decorated in an elegant, classic style, with colourful tiles on the floors and in the bathrooms, traditional dark wooden furniture, romantic bedding and curtains and an overall warm and cosy feel. The owners have been able to combine the historic aspects of the hotel with all the necessary modern conveniences in an excellent way.
Monte Cristo is known for its friendly and helpful staff. Thanks to its small size, the staff is able to offer its guests a very personal service, which includes providing insider tips for exploring Kotor and its beautiful surroundings.
The hotel’s restaurant, called Luna Rossa, offers a charming and rustic dining room, a wonderful courtyard and a romantic terrace where candles are lit in the evening to create a special ambiance.
Since the hotel is located in the car-free center of Kotor, guests need to park their car at a nearby location just outside the city walls. Hotel staff will gladly take your luggage to the hotel so you don’t have to carry anything. Parking is free but a reservation is needed.
Please keep in mind that the rooms in Hotel Monte Cristo are divided over three floors but there is no lift available.
- 8 rooms and suites
- Private bathrooms with shower
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe available in some of the rooms
- Room service
- Laundry and ironing service
- On-site restaurant offering local and international dishes
- Lovely outdoor dining options
- Vegetarian dishes available
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast served on the terrace or in the room
- All the sights of Kotor old town are right outside your doorstep
- Six-minute walk from the beach
- Situated in the centre of Kotor
- 6km from Tivat Airport
- 70km from Dubrovnik Airport
- Price is based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room based on bed and breakfast
- Package includes return flights from London Gatwick – Regional departures available
- Private return airport transfers
- Access to our UTC concierge service and pre-flight package
- We are specialists in luxury travel to Croatia with the largest coverage of 4 and 5 star hotels, resorts and cruises
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of the region, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours, holidays and unforgettable honeymoons in Croatia
- Your holiday to Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues