Our Guide to Split and Brac
Split’s most striking feature is the stunning UNESCO listed Diocletian’s Palace, a Roman monument that stands at the centre of the city and is now filled with bars, restaurants and shops. The Palace was an inspiration for Robert Adam’s new style of neoclassical architecture – a simplification of rococo and baroque style – it has a good selection of bars on the ground floor and upper levels as well as a maze of underground temples and tunnels beneath it that add a layer of mystery to any visit there.
The city balances tradition and modernity with a fabulous zeal – there is an excellent collection of modern bars and restaurants along the Riva, incredible pieces of architecture including the towering Split Cathedral, the colourful Croatian National Theatre and of course the gorgeous harbour. Split is also an ideal location in which to explore the beautiful islands of Hvar and Vis or visit the nearby KRKA National Park and historic town of Trogir.
Brac’s sumptuous white beaches are world famous – but the most famous of them all is the pointed pebbly Zlatni Rat beach at the popular seaside town of Bol. There are several towns and typical sleepy villages to explore, as well as miles of beautiful countryside adorned with pine forests, fields of rosemary and bright flowers, and steep viewing points where it’s possible to look as far as Hvar. Interestingly the white stone that created both the Diocletian’s Palace in Split and the Whitehouse in Washington is from Brac.
Brac is also a fantastic destination for young and old with a wide range of watersports, tours and activities for everyone.
- Return flights from the UK
- Bed and breakfast accommodati4-star4 star hotels in Split and Brac
- Private transfers throughout your holiday
- Pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Customise this Itinerary
- Extend this twin-centre holiday to as many nights as you would like
- You can choose how many nights you would like to spend in Split and Brac
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury twin and multi-centre holidays to Croatia with the largest range of 4-star and 5-star hotels available
- Our holidays include private airport, hotel and harbour transfers throughout, with pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of Croatia, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and Croatia twin centre holidays
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues