You will start your tour around 9:00h in the morning, by driving to Pelješac peninsula which will take approximately 1 hour.
First stop is a small, family-owned oyster farm, where you will get to taste freshly harvested oysters. Tasting of fresh oysters will be accompanied by your first wine tasting of the day. To get you prepared for your first wine-tasting, you will receive an introduction to basic wine and food matching principles from your AIWS guide.
Next, you will visit a medieval town of Ston, known for its 5km long walls, making them the longest defensive structure in Europe, saltworks, and of course, oyster farming.
Following Ston, you will visit 3 excellent wineries and meet their winemakers. You will learn more about the grapes used, wine production and different kinds of wines.
During the day, you will also have an opportunity to taste local olives and cheese. And to complete the amazing day, you will be treated to a 3-course meal.
- Collection and drop off from your hotel
- English-speaking AIWS-certified guide
- Introduction to WSET (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) guidelines and wine and food matching principles
- Visit to oyster farm with tasting of freshly harvested oysters
- Wine tasting at 3 different wineries and tasting of approximately 15 different wines
- Tasting of local olives and cheeses
- 3-course gourmet lunch with wine
- Visit to “ Grand Cru” vineyard Dingač
What’s not Included
Why Book with Unforgettable Croatia
- Pre-book your tours with us to avoid disappointment, especially during peak season
- Our prices are very competitive and comparable to being purchased locally
- We accept credit/debit cards as well as bank transfers
- We’re a UK company so no nasty or unexpected credit card charges for foreign transactions