This tour takes you on an interesting coach journey through the karsts hinterland of the Sibenik Riviera with the first stop being the city of Sibenik.
Sibenik is the oldest Croatian town on the Adriatic coast. It was the residence of King Petar Kresimir IV and as a result its known as Kresimir’s town. Upon arrival in this historic town, you will enjoy some sightseeing at one of the most valuable monuments along the Dalmatian coast – St James Cathedral. The cathedral dates back to the 15th century.
We then head to the KRKA River and its famous waterfalls. These picturesque waterfalls with its beautiful surroundings are formed as water cascades over 17 natural barriers. The tour will visit restored monuments and preserved watermills from the 19th century which form part of the cultural and historic significance of this region. The tour culminates in a walk along the wooden paths to Skrandinski buk the most beautiful and picturesque waterfall on the KRKA River.
You will get ample time for walking, sightseeing, swimming and photography on this trip, which is breath-taking in places.
- Guests on this tour must be able to walk or a variety of terrain of in excess of 100+ steps
- Swimming in the KRKA River is at the guests own risk as no lifeguard is on duty
- Lunch is not provided on this trip, there will be time to enjoy a snack along the way
- When visiting the cathedral in Sibenik we suggest conservative attire which covers shoulders and knees
08:30 Departure from Split (Apodos office in Split ferry harbour)
10:30-11:30 Sightseeing of Šibenik
12:00-13:30 Sightseeing of the park and Ethno Village with English speaking guide
14:00-16:00 Free time for lunch, swimming and photography
17:30 Return to Split
- Transport to Sibenik and KRKA River
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to KRKA National Park and St James Cathedral
What’s not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Why Book with Unforgettable Croatia
- Pre-book your tours with us to avoid disappointment especially during peak season
- Our prices are very competitive and comparable to being purchased locally
- We accept credit/debit cards as well as bank transfers
- UK company so no nasty or unexpected credit card charges for foreign transactions