Join us for this unforgettable day trip to one of the most beautiful lakes in Europe. Our comfortable air-conditioned mini coach will pick you up from of St. Francis church under Prokurative square and take you to Plitvice Lakes as you get to enjoy the gorgeous Croatian countryside on route.
The stunning Plitvice Lakes is a national park which is well deserved of its places on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage sites. No matter how many photo’s you may have seen of these beautiful lakes, nothing prepares you for their sheer beauty in real life.
Upon arrival at the lakes our experienced guide will talk you on a walk through the ancient woodlands and forest, crossing the Gornja Jezera (Upper Lakes) and then enjoying a scenic boat ride with the sound of waterfalls down to Donja Jeera (Lower Lakes).
Wherever you are in Plitivice it’s easy to see why the lakes travertine marble formations are such an extraordinary natural phenomenon. The barriers, sills and other forms created in these lakes, karst rivers and streams are still an ongoing process that shapes the wonderful landscapes that make your walk through the park so enjoyable. Its these same travertine formations that have and are still creating the numerous magnificent waterfalls here.
The journey comes to an end aboard a panoramic train ride, where afterwards we suggest grabbing lunch at nearby restaurants, serving local Croatian specialities. This full day tour is an ideal way to escape the lively city of Split and experience spectacular forests, lakes and stunning nature which will leave last memories forever and your camera batter exhausted!
- We suggest bringing a camera (of course!) and making sure the battery is fully charged to avoid disappointment
- Please make sure you bring comfortable shoes and some water for the day
- If going during spring or autumn we suggest bringing a sweater and umbrella should there be a change in weather
07:30 – 07:45 Departure from Split (pick up by the fountain in front of St. Francis church under Prokurative square)
11:30 – 15:30 Sightseeing around Plitvice Lakes with our guide
16:00 – 17:00 Time for a late lunch
20:00 – 20:30 Arrival in Split
- Transport to Plitvice Lakes National Park
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Plitvice Lakes including boat and tram ride
- Road tolls and taxes
What’s not Included
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Why Book with Unforgettable Croatia
- Pre-book your tours with us to avoid disappointment especially during peak season
- Our prices are very competitive and comparable to being purchased locally
- We accept credit/debit cards as well as bank transfers
- UK company so no nasty or unexpected credit card charges for foreign transactions