The Plitvice Lakes National Park is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Croatia, added to the UNESCO list of protected natural heritage sites in 1979. Plitvice Lakes are a must when visiting Zagreb, especially because they’re only a 2-hour drive away. Consisting of sixteen green and blue interlinked lakes, which are popularly dubbed the “sixteen silver stairs”, Plitvice boast extraordinary sceneries of untouched nature.
Each year, more than a million visitors come here to witness the beauty of this National Park, walking the wooden trails and taking photos of numerous waterfalls. We’ll explore the lakes by walking the wooden walkways of the lower lakes and taking a boat across the biggest of the sixteen lakes.
On our way to Plitvice we’ll visit the village of Rastoke, known for its well-preserved mills and many waterfalls flowing into Korana River. This picturesque village is a favourite weekend destination, an escape into nature from urban Zagreb.
What is included
- Entrance fees to the national park
- Professional English speaking guide
- Return transfer from Zagreb
Duration: Full day
Activity Level: Moderate (3 hours walking)
Why Book with Unforgettable Croatia
- Pre-book your tours with us to avoid disappointment especially during peak season
- Our prices are very competitive and comparable to being purchased locally
- We accept credit/debit cards as well as bank transfers
- UK company so no nasty or unexpected credit card charges for foreign transactions