This day tour takes us to the Northern Croatian region of Hrvatsko Zagorje, the greenest part of the country. We’ll drive through hilly countryside, full of vineyards and medieval castles dominating the scenery. The castle of Trakošćan is the most visited castle in Croatia. This fairytale-like fortification, built on the top of a hill and surrounded by lake got its present form in the 19th century. Today it is turned into a museum. We’ll take a tour of Trakošćan, walking through its many rooms, learning about the way Croatian nobility lived here.
Our next destination is a small town of Lepoglava, where we’ll stop for a lunch and continue towards Varaždin. Varaždin is often called “the small Vienna” for its baroque architecture.
What is included
- Castle entrance fee
- Experienced English speaking tour guide
- Return transfer from Zagreb
Duration: Full day
Activity Level: Easy
Why Book with Unforgettable Croatia
- Pre-book your tours with us to avoid disappointment especially during peak season
- Our prices are very competitive and comparable to being purchased locally
- We accept credit/debit cards as well as bank transfers
- UK company so no nasty or unexpected credit card charges for foreign transactions