Day 1 – DUBROVNIK – KORČULA
Departure towards Korčula, the birthplace of the famous explorer Marco Polo, also known as ‘the Black Island’, due to the vast pine forests, that once covered almost the entire island. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik, and is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight’s game – Moreška is performed. Enjoy a stroll with the local guide, through the tiny streets of the old town, where there are numerous konobas, restaurants and cocktail bars.
Day 2 KORČULA – METKOVIĆ
Cruise to Metković, situated on the river Neretva, and a barge excursion to explore the wonderful scenery known for mandarin plantations. Visit Vid archeological museum Nardone, the first ‘in situ’ museum in Croatia exhibiting the remains of a Roman temple – the Augusteum – the impressive marble statues. Discover places where the ancient Illyrians, Greeks, Romans once sailed, and the pirates of Neretva planned their raids. Discover the allure of one of the last swamps on the European continent, its flora and fauna, the diversity of wild birds and the traditional lifestyle of the Neretva people. Captain’s dinner with live entertainment on board.
Day 3 – METKOVIĆ – SPLIT
From Metković our cruise continues to fascinating Split, the UNESCO protected capital of Dalmatian region and the second largest city in Croatia that was once the palace of the Roman Emperor Diocletian. The Diocletian’s Palace makes the core of the Old Town, incorporating an eclectic combination of Roman temples, Gothic palaces and modern Mediterranean-style stone houses – a simplification of rococo and baroque style.
Upon arrival, the local guide will accompany us through the bustling Old Town and market. Overnight in the port.
Day 4 – SPLIT – KRKA WATERFALLS NATIONAL PARK – ŠIBENIK
Cruise towards Skradin from where we go to Bibich winery for a spot of wine-tasting followed by exploring national park Krka. We will have the opportunity to visit “Skradinski Buk”, the most popular part of the waterfall area, where the Krka rushes 45.7 metres down. Ensure you do not forget to bring your bathing suit – a swim in the clear waters of the River Krka just below the falls is a truly unique experience. We will sail towards the historical city of Šibenik, situated almost at central part of the Croatian Adriatic coast.
Day 5 – ŠIBENIK – ZADAR
We cruise along to Zadar, the oldest university town in Croatia, famed for its rich historical heritage. This is visible at every step, from the Roman Forum of the 1st century, St Donat church from the 9th century and the mighty city walls with a bow and a representative city gate from 16th century. You will also have the chance to visit the impressive Museum of ancient glass, the churches in the old town, palaces and villas as well as the famous Sea Organs and “Greeting to the Sun” light installation on the city’s waterfront. The Guided city tour will be followed by Maraschino liquor tasting.
Day 6 – ZADAR – RAB ISLAND
Morning cruise towards Rab, the “island of love”. Sightseeing of the town which is surrounded by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches, palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares where many painters and artists exhibit their works. Guided city tour followed by Rab cake demonstration and tasting. According to the legend, the recipe for Rab cake was created by nuns in the monastery when catering to the visiting Pope. You will have the opportunity to take a taxi uphill to enjoy the magnificent sunset and a glorious view of Rab and surrounding islands.
Day 7 – RAB ISLAND – OPATIJA
On route to the final destination, experience magnificent views of the famous Opatija Riviera. Orientational guided tour of Opatija with a visit to Kraš Choco bar to try delicious chocolate cocktails, drinks or ice-cream as they are one of a kind. Take a stroll along the famous Franz Joseph promenade – Lungo Mare to nearby fishermen’s village Volosko – well known for the best seafood restaurants in Croatia. Farewell dinner evening on board with live entertainment and overnight in the port of Opatija.
Day 8 OPATIJA
After breakfast say goodbye to the crew and a private transfer to either Zagreb Airport or to your hotel for an extended stay to explore the Istria Peninsula.
Extend your Stay
Extend your holiday with us and visit the beautiful Istria peninsula. Explore the popular colouful and medieval town of Rovinj, go and wine and truffle hunting in Motovun or continue your journey to Venice with daily ferries from Pula.
The MV Avangard is a deluxe category ship that launched in 2017. It is the sister ship to the popular MV Futura deluxe ship which has been operating since 2013. Featuring 18 modern cabins, some with large windows offering sweeping views of the beautiful coastline for a maximum of 36 passengers.
- This deluxe one-way cruise from Dubrovnik to Opatija in a choice of cabin
- Private arrival and departure transfers from Dubrovovnik airport/hotel and to Zagreb/Pula Airport/hotel
- 7 nights cruise in a choice of cabins with en-suite bathroom
- Welcome reception & cocktail
- Daily buffet breakfast with generous fresh fruit selection
- 3 Course set lunch with a choice of wine/beer
- 1 litre of bottled water per person daily
- Captain’s dinner with live entertainment
- Authentic Croatian village dinner party
- Professional Tour manager
- Guided walking tours of towns: Dubrovnik, Korčula, Split, Zadar, Rab & Opatija
- Entrance to the KRKA National Park
- Wine tasting tour of the exclusive Bibich Winery
- Visitors’ taxes & port fees
- Luggage handling
- Daily cabin service
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
- No additional charges, except gratuities
- Price based in double occupancy in a double or twin room. 50% single person supplement.
Special departure dates for 2019
- May 25th, 2019
- June 8th 2019
- Sept 14th, 2019
Cruise & Stay Options
We thoroughly recommend enjoying a few days in Dubrovnik or Opatija either before or after your cruise. This often reduces the cost of the pricey weekend flights, but also gives you the opportunity to explore more of this magnificent country.
Enjoy a few nights in Opatija before or after your cruise giving you time to explore the Istria peninsula. Visit the popular medieval and colourful harbour town of Rovinj, go wine and truffle tasting in Motovun or spend the day exploring the stunning Plitvice Lakes.
Extend your stay in Dubrovnik and let us take you to the emerging region of Kotor in Montenegro or the fascinating town of Mostar in Bosnia, both within easy reach of Dubrovnik and worth a visit.
Our Croatia travel experts are happy to put together a cruise and stay itinerary for you, simply let us know when you send in your enquiry.
- We are market leaders in luxury travel to Croatia with the largest coverage of 4 and 5 star hotels and cruise ships
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of the region, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours, holidays and unforgettable honeymoons in Croatia
- Your Croatia cruise holiday is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues