Day 1 – Arrival to Hvar
Upon landing to Split airport, our driver will meet you there and transfer you to Split harbour where you’ll make your way to Hvar island.
The wonderful town of Hvar is set against a backdrop of stone houses and turquoise sea and exudes the Mediterranean charm of yesteryear.
For the best view over the town climb up to 17th century Fortica Fortress or explore Hvar’s narrow streets filled with wonderfully quaint restaurants and shops selling artisanal wonders. Spend the evening relaxing with a drink taking in the sights, sounds and celebrities of Hvar’s nightlife, we recommend the Le Bonj bar.
Day 2 – (OPTIONAL) Blue Cave tour with 5 islands or Jeep Safari tour
If you’re up for an adventure, board a speedboat for a tour of 5 islands and an unforgettable visit to the Blue Cave, a stunning natural phenomenon. Spend the day cliff jumping, snorkelling, cave diving and discovering hidden coves and beaches.
Alternatively, go on a jeep safari tour, exploring Hvar’s countryside. Abandoned in the 50s, the nearby village Malo Grablje has a new-found purpose as an ethno-eco village, open to tourists and providing an insight into authentic island life. There is a restaurant serving traditionally-prepared food, using only locally-sourced ingredients, so you can enjoy a meal in a tranquil and beautiful setting.
Day 3 – (OPTIONAL) Experience wine-tasting
Whilst in Hvar, visit award-winning winery Tomić. Taste award-winning wines Plavac Mali, local favourite Bogdanuša or Hectorovich prošek (sweet dessert wine) in fantastic stone cellars, not unlike those used by Romans.
For a bit more active day out, go on a jeep safari tour, exploring Hvar’s countryside. Frozen in time and abandoned in the 50s, the nearby village Malo Grablje has a new-found purpose as an ethno-eco village, open to tourists and providing an insight into authentic island life. There is a restaurant serving traditionally-prepared food, using only locally-sourced ingredients, so you can enjoy a meal in a tranquil and beautiful setting.
Day 4 – (OPTIONAL) Pakleni islands and Palmizana beach
For your last day on Hvar, hop on a taxi boat to visit beautiful Palmizana beach in Pakleni islands archipelago, scattered in front of Hvar bay, short boat ride from Hvar town. Palmizana beach has several excellent restaurants and beach bars, so you can spend a relaxing day enjoying crystal clear sea and cocktails.
Alternatively, if lounging by the beach is not your style, perhaps you’d be interested in a private sailing tour of Pakleni islands whilst enjoying a picnic sunset.
Day 5 – Arrival to Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik is one of the most beautiful UNESCO- listed cities in the world, and not even severe shelling in 1991 has managed to take its beauty away. It continues brimming with marbled streets, imposing Medieval architecture and a host of awe inspiring defensive walls, churches and palaces.
Explore the city gates (Pile, Ploce or Buza) and take a stroll down Stradun, the widest and longest street in Old Town, and a place of gatherings and events. Admire Onofrio’s fountain, Orlando’s statue,
Discover the stunning Sponza and Rector’s Palaces at the end of Stradun, and climb up to Lovrijenac and Revelin fortresses.
Day 6 – (OPTIONAL) Walk Old City Walls
To explore Dubrovnik further, walk the stunning Old City walls, with St John’s, Bokar and Minceta tower forts along the way, for breath-taking views of Dubrovnik’s surroundings and watching waves crash into the fortifications. For a stunning sunset, take a cable car up Srdj hill, offering stunning panorama of Dubrovnik and Elaphiti islands in front.
End your day on a high note and treat yourself to a dinner or just a glass of wine at Panorama restaurant.
Day 7 – (OPTIONAL) Visit Lokrum island
For a day surrounded by nature and tranquillity, hop on a ferry for a day trip to Lokrum island nature reserve, offering beautiful wild beaches and remains of a 12th-13th century Benedictine monastery of St Mary and a cloister garden. Enjoy a day of nature, surrounded by Lokrum’s locals: peacocks and wild bunnies.
There is a simple café offering drinks and quick bites but it’s advisable to bring your own picnic if you plan on staying longer.
- Return flights from the UK
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in 4-star hotels in Dubrovnik and Hvar
- Private airport transfers throughout
- Pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Customise this Itinerary
- Extend this twin-centre holiday to as many nights as you would like
- You can choose how many nights you would like to spend in Dubrovnik and Hvar
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury twin and multi-centre holidays to Croatia with the largest range of 4-star and 5-star hotels available
- Our holidays include private airport, hotel and harbour transfers throughout, with pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of Croatia, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and Croatia twin centre holidays
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues