Our Guide to Dubrovnik and Split
Dubrovnik’s baroque architecture and luxurious marble streets are the first thing you’ll note when seeing the city for the first time. Easily one of the world’s most beautiful walled cities – Dubrovnik offers so much to those that travel there. We love to lounge on the picture perfect beaches, stroll the pedestrian-only old town taking in the Baroque churches and striking red roof houses before resting in quaint cafes, taking in hundreds of years worth of architecture (Sponza Palace and the historic 12th century pharmacy) and eating divine dinners in the city’s astounding collection of waterside restaurants. This mix of old world charm, exciting nightlife and stunning beaches make Dubrovnik a superb choice for a twin-centre holiday in Croatia.
The island of Hvar is one of our favourites in Dalmatia – you’ll find lush vineyards and pinetopped hills, medieval streets and modern bars and restaurants that contribute to what is one of Croatia’s most talked about nightlife spots. The old town is encircled by a 13th century wall, it’s traffic-free, adorned with Gothic palaces and lined with marble streets, and at the centre is St. Stephen’s Square – the best al fresco dining spot on the island. It is simply remarkable.
As well as nightlife, impeccable beaches and wonderful food, the island has a variety of secrets should you wish to uncover them – from abandoned villages and rugged cycle paths that take in the best views, to antique architecture and numerous coves and inlets that allow for privacy and heaven-like perfection away from the crowds.
Split’s most striking feature is the stunning UNESCO listed Diocletian’s Palace, a Roman monument that stands at the centre of the city and is now filled with bars, restaurants and shops. The Palace was an inspiration for Robert Adam’s new style of neoclassical architecture – a simplification of rococo and baroque style – it has a good selection of bars on the ground floor and upper levels as well as a maze of underground temples and tunnels beneath it that add a layer of mystery to any visit there.
The city balances tradition and modernity with a fabulous zeal – there is an excellent collection of modern bars and restaurants along the Riva, incredible pieces of architecture including the towering Split Cathedral, the colourful Croatian National Theatre and of course the gorgeous harbour.
- Return flights from the UK
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in 4 star hotels in Dubrovnik and Split
- Private transfers throughout your holiday
- Pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Customise this Itinerary
- Extend this twin-centre holiday to as many nights as you would like
- You can choose how many nights you would like to spend in Split, Hvar & Dubrovnik
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury twin and multi-centre holidays to Croatia with the largest range of 4-star and 5-star hotels available
- Our holidays include private airport, hotel and harbour transfers throughout, with pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of Croatia, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and Croatia twin centre holidays
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues