Our Guide to Rovinj and Opatija
Characterful Rovinj has attracted the attention of celebrities, artists and aesthetes since the 1950’s – due to its elegant piazzas, antique old town and the enchanting harbour which is filled with small boats and yachts and backed by a curved Italian-like promenade that is full of vibrantly coloured houses. At the centre of the town is the Saint Euphemia Cathedral, whose spire pokes through the cluster of houses towards the blues of the sky – creating a visage that is not too dissimilar to that of Venice’s St. Mark’s when viewed from the water.Rovinj is perfect for a luxury Croatia holiday, as it’s filled with upmarket restaurants, elegant shopping destinations and the most enduringly charismatic of old world Croatian atmospheres. The old town is our favourite place to dine – though its streets offer much more than wonderful restaurants – they are filled with artists studios, chic cafes and shops – all of which, when combined with the cobbled pathways and antique charm of the town – are an absolute pleasure to explore.
Opatija is the matriarch of Croatian tourism – famed for enticing celebrities from all over Europe during the belle époque, an era, incidentally that lives on in Opatija’s beautiful architecture and wonderfully well-manicured parks and gardens. The town’s famous shoreline promenade may often be at full capacity but it’s the best stroll in town along with the main street, which is resplendent with examples of fin-de-siècle architecture. You’ll note that luxurious seafood restaurants are de rigueur both along the stunning seafront and in the fishing village of Volosko close by, and for the more active travellers – you can choose to spend your time sailing, walking Mount Ucka or swimming in the warm embrace of the Kvarner gulf that straddles the shoreline of the town.
- Return flights from London – Regional departures available
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in 4 or 5 star hotels in Rovinj and Opatija
- Car hire or transfers between destinations
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury travel to Croatia with the largest coverage of 4 and 5 star hotels, resorts and cruises
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of the region, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and Croatia twin centre holidays
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues