Day 1 – Arrival to Split
Welcome to Split!
The Diocletian’s Palace makes the core of the Old Town and a symbol of modern-day Split, incorporating an eclectic combination of Roman temples, Gothic palaces and modern Mediterranean-style stone houses.
After you have settled into your hotel, you will have a private guided tour of Diocletian’s Palace and the Old Town.
Don’t miss Riva, Split’s palm tree-lined promenade, panorama from Marjan hill or simply walking the cobbled streets of the Old Town, infused with history.
Day 2 – (OPTIONAL) Explore Trogir and Klis fortress
To start your day, visit Klis fortress, lodged in the mountain above Split. In the past, it served as a line of defence against Mongols and Ottoman empire.
Later, continue towards Trogir. This Medieval island town is another UNESCO-listed site in Croatia. Walk the streets of Trogir admiring preserved Kamerlengo castle and tower and a series of dwellings and palaces from the Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque periods. Connected with Trogir via bridge is Čiovo island, and with a short walk or a taxi drive, you can spend part of your day enjoying beautiful beaches.
Day 3 – (OPTIONAL) Visit Krka Waterfalls National Park and city of Sibenik
If you’d like to change scenery and swap cityscapes for landscapes, head over to Krka Waterfalls national park. Enjoy beautiful waterfalls and lakes and stroll along pathways winding through the lush flora. Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit as you’ll have an opportunity to have a swim in front of stunning Skradinski Buk waterfall.
Afterwards, visit city of Sibenik and admire its UNESCO-listed St James’s cathedral and fortresses surrounding the city. It’s possible to extend the visit so you can visit the local ethno village, with demonstrations in traditional food preparation, or visit birds of prey sanctuary.
Day 4 – Arrival to Hvar
After check-out, our driver will transfer you to Split harbour where you will board a catamaran to Hvar island.
The town of Hvar is set against a backdrop of stone houses and turquoise sea and exudes the Mediterranean charm of yesteryear.
For the best view over the town climb up to 17th century Fortica Fortress or explore Hvar’s narrow streets filled with wonderfully quaint restaurants and shops selling artisanal wonders. Spend the evening relaxing with a drink taking in the sights, sounds and celebrities of Hvar’s nightlife, we recommend the Le Bonj bar.
Day 5 – (OPTIONAL) Blue Cave tour with 5 islands or Jeep Safari tour
If you’re up for an adventure, board a speedboat for a tour of 5 islands and an unforgettable visit to the Blue Cave, a stunning natural phenomenon. Spend the day cliff jumping, snorkelling, cave diving and discovering hidden coves and beaches.
Alternatively, go on a jeep safari tour, exploring Hvar’s countryside. Frozen in time, the nearby village Malo Grablje has a new-found purpose as an ethno-eco village, open to tourists and providing an insight into authentic island life. There is a restaurant serving traditionally-prepared food, using only locally-sourced ingredients, so you can enjoy a meal in a tranquil and beautiful setting.
Day 6 – (OPTIONAL) Experience wine-tasting
Whilst in Hvar, visit award-winning winery Tomić. Taste award-winning wines Plavac Mali, local favourite Bogdanuša or Hectorovich prošek (sweet dessert wine) in fantastic stone cellars, not unlike those used by Romans.
For a bit more active day out, go on a jeep safari tour, exploring Hvar’s countryside. Frozen in time and abandoned in the 50s, the nearby village Malo Grablje has a new-found purpose as an ethno-eco village, open to tourists and providing an insight into authentic island life. There is a restaurant serving traditionally-prepared food, using only locally-sourced ingredients, so you can enjoy a meal in a tranquil and beautiful setting.
Day 7 – (OPTIONAL) Pakleni islands and Palmizana beach
For your last day on Hvar, hop on a taxi boat to visit beautiful Palmizana beach in Pakleni islands archipelago, scattered in front of Hvar bay, short boat ride from Hvar town. Palmizana beach has several excellent restaurants and beach bars, so you can spend a relaxing day enjoying crystal clear sea and cocktails.
Alternatively, if lounging by the beach is not your style, perhaps you’d be interested in a private sailing tour of Pakleni islands whilst enjoying a picnic sunset.
- Return flights from the UK
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in 4 star hotels in Split and Hvar
- Private transfers throughout
- Pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Customise this Itinerary
- Extend this twin-centre holiday to as many nights as you would like
- You can choose how many nights you would like to spend in Split and Hvar
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury twin and multi-centre holidays to Croatia with the largest range of 4-star and 5-star hotels available
- Our holidays include private airport, hotel and harbour transfers throughout, with pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of Croatia, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and Croatia twin centre holidays
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues