Day 1 – Arrival to Split
Welcome to Split! As a second-biggest city in Croatia, Split is the main harbour in Dalmatia region and a starting point for many holidaymakers.
The Diocletian’s Palace makes the core of the Old Town and a symbol of modern-day Split, incorporating an eclectic combination of Roman temples, Gothic palaces and modern Mediterranean-style stone houses.
We will organise a private tour of Diocletian’s Palace and Old Town so you can learn about Split’s history in great detail.
Don’t miss Riva, Split’s palm tree-lined promenade, panorama from Marjan hill or simply walking the cobbled streets of the Old Town, infused with history.
Day 2 – (OPTIONAL) Trogir and Klis Fortress
To start your day, visit Klis fortress, lodged in the mountain above Split. In the past, it served as a line of defence against Mongols and Ottoman empire.
Later, continue towards Trogir. This Medieval island town is another UNESCO-listed site in Croatia. Walk the streets of Trogir admiring preserved Kamerlengo castle and tower and a series of dwellings and palaces from the Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque periods. Connected with Trogir via bridge is Čiovo island, and with a short walk or a taxi drive, you can spend part of your day enjoying beautiful beaches.
Day 3 – Arrival to Hvar
After breakfast and check out, you will board a catamaran to the island of Hvar.
Today you will head out to one of Croatia’s most famous and must-see locations – the wonderful town of Hvar. The town is set against a backdrop of stone houses and turquoise sea and exudes the Mediterranean charm of yesteryear.
For the best view over the town climb up to 17th century Fortica Fortress or explore Hvar’s narrow streets filled with wonderfully quaint restaurants and shops selling artisanal wonders. Spend the evening relaxing with a drink taking in the sights, sounds and celebrities of Hvar’s nightlife, we recommend the Le Bonj bar.
Day 4 – (OPTIONAL) Experience wine-tasting
Whilst in Hvar, visit award-winning winery Tomić. Taste award-winning wines Plavac Mali, local favourite Bogdanuša or ‘prošek’ (sweet dessert wine) Hectorovich in fantastic stone cellars, not unlike those used by Romans.
For a bit more active day out, go on a jeep safari tour, exploring Hvar’s countryside. Abandoned in the 50s, the nearby village Malo Grablje has a new-found purpose as an ethno-eco village, open to tourists and providing an insight into authentic island life. There is a restaurant serving traditionally-prepared food, using only locally-sourced ingredients, so you can enjoy a meal in a tranquil and beautiful setting.
Day 5 – Arrival to Dubrovnik
Today you will depart for your final destination on this holiday, the Pearl of Adriatic – Dubrovnik.
Upon arrival, our driver will meet you at the harbour and take you to your hotel. In the afternoon, we will organise a private guided tour of the Old Town (combined with Game of Thrones tour if you’re a fan of the TV show), taking you to locations where this world-popular TV show was filmed and introducing you to the beauty of the town which wasn’t diminished even by severe shelling during Homeland war in the 90s.
Evening at leisure.
Day 6 – (OPTIONAL) Visit to Lokrum island nature reserve
For a day surrounded by nature and tranquillity, hop on a ferry for a day trip to Lokrum island nature reserve, offering beautiful wild beaches and remains of a 12th-13thcentury Benedictine monastery of St Mary and a cloister garden. Enjoy a day of nature, surrounded by Lokrum’s locals: peacocks and wild bunnies. There’s a simple café offering drinks and quick bites but it’s advisable to bring your own picnic if you plan on staying longer.
Day 7 – (OPTIONAL) Walk Old City Walls
Walk the stunning Old City walls, with St John’s, Bokar and Minceta tower forts along the way, for breath-taking views of Dubrovnik’s surroundings and watching waves crash into the fortifications. For a stunning sunset, take a cable car up Srdj hill, offering stunning panorama of Dubrovnik and Elaphiti islands in front. End your day on a high note and treat yourself to a dinner or a glass of wine at Panorama restaurant.
- Return flights from the UK
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in 4 star hotels in Dubrovnik and Split
- Private transfers throughout your holiday
- Pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Your holiday is ATOL protected for your peace of mind
- Access to our concierge service
Customise this Itinerary
- Extend this twin-centre holiday to as many nights as you would like
- You can choose how many nights you would like to spend in Split, Hvar & Dubrovnik
Why book with Unforgettable Croatia
- We are specialists in luxury twin and multi-centre holidays to Croatia with the largest range of 4-star and 5-star hotels available
- Our holidays include private airport, hotel and harbour transfers throughout, with pre-booked catamaran tickets
- Unrivalled customer service and extensive knowledge of Croatia, help us to craft unique and tailor made tours and Croatia twin centre holidays
- Your holiday in Croatia is covered by our ATOL cover providing you 100% financial protection and peace of mind for your trip
- Our concierge team provide not only 24/7 support throughout the booking process and the trip, but also some little touches to show we care from the minute you get in touch to your return to work with the holiday blues