7 Night Signature Dubrovnik to Opatija Cruise
DUBROVNIK – KORCULA – HVAR – SPLIT – KRKA WATERFALLS – SIBENIK – ZADAR – RAB – OPATIJA
- Brand new 2019/ 2020 built ship with private balconies, jacuzzi & splash pool
- Half board with 3 evening meals including the Captains Dinner with live entertainment
- 3-course lunch with a choice of a glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- Unlimited water, tea & coffee on board
- Guided tour of the majestic Krka Waterfalls National Park & Waterfalls
- Enjoy a wine tour at one of Croatia's best family run wineries
- Professional Cruise Director with guided tours of Rab Island, Zadar, Split, Hvar, Korcula & Opatija
- Maraschino cherry-liquor tasting experience in Zadar
- Taste the famous Rab cakes in Rab, the Island of Love
- Return flights, private airport transfers and all taxes and port fees included
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
Explore the full length of the magnificent Croatian coast from Dubrovnik to Opatija. Enjoy a highly personalised service, delicious onboard meals and a selection of guided tours and gastronomic experiences. Visit the chic and ever-popular southern Dalmatian islands and explore the lush unspoilt Kvarner islands.
Board: B – breakfast, L – lunch, D – dinner
DAY 1 – DUBROVNIK – KORČULA (L, D)
After your private transfer from Dubrovnik airport to Gruz Harbour, you will sail towards Korčula, the birthplace of the famous explorer Marco Polo, also known as ‘the Black Island’, due to the vast pine forests, that once covered almost the entire island. Surrounded by medieval walls, Korčula resembles a miniature Dubrovnik, and is the only place in the world where the Spanish medieval knight’s game – Moreška is performed. Enjoy a stroll with the local guide, through the tiny streets of the old town, where there are numerous konobas, restaurants and cocktail bars. Enjoy the evening in true Croatian style at a traditional family run Croatian restaurant offering local food and lots of wine.
DAY 2 KORČULA – HVAR (B,L,T)
We depart from Korcula harbour and continue to the island of Hvar, which is renowned for its stunning and fragrant fields of lavender, olive groves and lush vineyards. Here we will meet our local guide for a walking tour this afternoon, to experience the town’s most popular landmarks, including the Renaissance cathedral and the oldest community theatre in Europe. You will sample the local wine specialities at one of the island’s famous wineries. You will have the opportunity to walk up to the hilltop medieval fortress for the most spectacular panoramic views of the harbour below. Enjoy your evening in one of Hvar’s excellent restaurants, bars or trendy cafes.
DAY 3 – HVAR – SPLIT (B,L)
We will set off early for the city of Split, the capital of the Dalmatia region. Listed as a UNESCO World heritage site, Split boasts an abundance of classic Roman architecture. It features one of the best-preserved Roman palaces in the world, inscribed on UNESCO heritage list since 1979. The Diocletian’s Palace makes the core of the Old Town and a symbol of modern-day Split, incorporating an eclectic combination of Roman temples, Gothic palaces and modern Mediterranean-style stone houses. You will enjoy a guided tour of the city on arrival with your evening free to soak up its cosmopolitan atmosphere.
DAY 4 – SPLIT – KRKA WATERFALLS NATIONAL PARK – ŠIBENIK (B,L)
Today is one of the highlights, as you spend the afternoon visiting the stunning Krka Waterfalls National Park, which is mother nature’s phenomenon. Your guided afternoon tour will take you to admire the beautiful waterfalls and lakes as you stroll along pathways winding through the lush flora. Enjoy a traditional Croatian village lunch after the tour, before returning to the medieval city of Sibenik, founded over 1000 years ago. You will have the opportunity to meander through the labyrinth of backstreets and narrow alleyways to discover the hidden gems such as the St John’s.
DAY 5 – ŠIBENIK – ZADAR (B,L,T)
We cruise along to Zadar, the oldest university town in Croatia, famed for its rich historical heritage. This is visible at every step, from the Roman Forum of the 1st century, St Donat church from the 9th century and the mighty city walls with a bow and a representative city gate from 16th century. You will also have the chance to visit the impressive Museum of ancient glass, the churches in the old town, palaces and villas as well as the famous Sea Organs and “Greeting to the Sun” light installation on the city’s waterfront. The Guided city tour will be followed by Maraschino liquor tasting. You will also visit the unique and incredible Sea Organ, an underwater system of pipes and whistles that provides mellifluous tones by the movement of the sea.
DAY 6 – ZADAR – RAB ISLAND (B, L, T)
Morning cruise towards Rab, the “island of love”. Sightseeing of the town which is surrounded by medieval walls, Romanesque church towers, churches, palaces, stone streets and ancient facades. Enjoy the “gallery” on the streets and squares where many painters and artists exhibit their works. Guided city tour followed by Rab cake demonstration and tasting. According to the legend, the recipe for Rab cake was created by nuns in the monastery when catering to the visiting Pope. You will have the opportunity to take a taxi uphill to enjoy the magnificent sunset and a glorious view of Rab and surrounding islands.
DAY 7 – RAB ISLAND – OPATIJA (B, L, D)
We make an early departure for the elegant coastal resort of Opatija. You will be met by our local guide for a walking tour of the town, rich in history and culture with well-manicured parks and glamorous villas. You will have a chance to visit the Croatian Walk of Fame and the small harbour known locally as Portić. You will have the opportunity to walk the famous ‘Lungomare’ promenade. After working up an appetite, you will return to the ship for the captain’s farewell evening dinner with live entertainment on board.
DAY 8 OPATIJA
After breakfast say goodbye to the crew and a private transfer to either the airport or to your hotel for an extended stay to explore the Istria Peninsula.
- This Signature one-way cruise from Dubrovnik to Opatija in a choice of cabin
- Return flights from the UK including check in luggage and seats
- Private arrival and departure transfers from Dubrovovnik airport/hotel and to Pula Airport/hotel
- 7 nights cruise in a choice of cabins with en-suite bathroom
- Welcome reception & cocktail evening
- Daily buffet breakfast with generous fresh fruit selection
- 3 Course set lunch with a choice of a glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- Unlimited filtered water, tea and coffee
- Captain’s dinner with live local entertainment & a traditional village dinner
- Professional Cruise Director
- Optional onboard lectures on a range of stimulating subjects
- Guided walking tours of towns: Korčula, Split, Zadar, Rab & Opatija
- Entrance to the majestic Krka Waterfalls National Park
- Visitors’ taxes & port fees
- Luggage handling
- Daily cabin service
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
What’s not Included
- Optional gratuities
2020 Departure Dates
- Dubrovnik to Opatija - June 20th
- Opatija to Dubrovnik - July 4th
- Dubrovnik to Opatija - September 12th
Copyright © 2019 Unforgettable Croatia. All rights reserved