7 Night Signature Opatija Return Cruise
OPATIJA - RAB ISLAND - ZADAR - ZADAR - PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK - LOSINJ - CRES ISLAND - OPATIJA
- Brand new 2019/ 2020 built ship with private balconies, Jacuzzi & splash pool
- Half board (Breakfast & Lunch) with 3 evening meals including the Captains Dinner with live entertainment
- 3-course lunch with a choice of a glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- Unlimited filtered water, tea & coffee on board
- Guided tour of the magnificent Plitvice National Park
- Guided tours of Rab Town, Zadar, Losinj & Opatija
- Maraschino cherry-liquor tasting experience in Zadar
- Taste the famous Rab cakes in Rab, the Island of Love
- Return UK flights, private airport transfers and all taxes and port fees included
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
Explore the best of undiscovered Croatian from elegant Opatija, discovering the spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park. Enjoy a highly personalised service, delicious onboard meals and a selection of guided tours and gastronomic experiences. Visit the chic and lush unspoilt Kvarner islands in ultimate style & luxury.
Board: B – breakfast, L – lunch, D – dinner
DAY 1 – SATURDAY – OPATIJA (D)
Enjoy a private luxury transfer to our Signature ship, docked within the charming coastal town of Opatija, with check in from 1300hrs. You will have ample time to explore the town’s rich history and culture with well-manicured parks and glamorous villas. It is the matriarch of Croatian tourism – famed for enticing celebrities from all over Europe during the belle époque. Tonight is the Captain’s Welcome Cocktail evening, which is a chance to meet your fellow guests, the captain, crew and the Tour Director
DAY 2 - SUNDAY – OPATIJA - RAB ISLAND (B, L, T)
We set sail towards the charming Rab Island, known as the ‘Island of Love.’ Rab is truly one of the greenest islands in the Adriatic and probably one of the most magical, encircled by ancient walls. On arrival you will be met by our local guide for a guided tour of the old town. You’ll visit imposing stone walls, the 16th century monastery of St Justine, the Romanesque church towers, medieval palaces, strolling along the stone streets and ancient facades. Sample the traditional sweet treat which is native to the island: the Rabska Torta or Rab cake.
DAY 3 - MONDAY – RAB ISLAND - ZADAR (B,L,T)
This morning we sail on towards the centre of Dalmatia, the famous town of Zadar. You will be met by our local guide for a guided walking tour, of this fascinating and emerging city. You will also get to taste Zadar’s authentic cherry Maraschino liqueur recognised all over the world for its distinctive sweet taste and aroma. This evening you will experience the unique and incredible Sea Organ, an underwater system of pipes and whistles that provides mellifluous tones by the movement of the sea within its stone stairs, whilst you admire a spectacular Zadar sunset.
DAY 4 - TUESDAY – ZADAR - PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK (B, D)
Today you will experience one of the highlights of the trip with a full-day trip to the Plitvice Lakes National Park, an idyllic paradise. This is Croatia’s most recognisable UNESCO-listed national park and is comprised of 16 cascading lakes and travertine waterfalls. Our local guide will lead you on a tour of some of the 300 square KM forest reserve and 16 terraced lakes. You will stroll along the winding walkways and hiking trails that go around the shimmering waters and return to the ship in Zadar this evening for a delicious dinner with authentic local entertainment.
DAY 5 - WEDNESDAY – ZADAR - LOSINJ (B, L)
This morning we depart early to sail on towards the striking and unspoiled island of Losinj, which is known as the ‘Island of Wellness and Vitality.’ It is also famous for its lush green vegetation, pines, wild flowers and herbs. After a swim stop in the crystal-clear Adriatic, we arrive at the town of Mali Losinj, which boasts one of the most beautiful harbours in the Adriatic. You will be met by our local guide who will show you the delights of this charming fishing village, where you will discover the unique history, heritage and culture of the island. Spend the evening, strolling the charming medieval streets, enjoying a delicious local meal.
DAY 6 - THURSDAY – LOSINJ - CRES (B, L)
After a relaxing morning and a swim in the rejuvenating Adriatic, we set sail along the Kvarner Gulf, towards the delightful island of Cres. This is a fascinating island, Croatia’s least developed, full of olive trees and vineyards and with a rugged topography that makes it a great area for walking. When we arrive, you can experience abandoned hamlets, caves and the island’s unspoiled beaches. Cres town itself, has been successfully ruled by Romans, Byzantines and the first independent Croatians around 822, as well as the Venetians.
DAY 7 - FRIDAY – CRES - OPATIJA (B, L, D)
On the final day of this cruise, we make an early departure back towards Opatija. We will stop on route on one of the calm bays for a final swim stop. Admire the famous Opatija Riviera as we approach the harbour. When we arrive, explore the town, which was once a resort for the higher strands of society. Visit the Villa Angiolina, which was built in 1844 and now houses the Museum of Croatian Tourism with memories of a glorious past. With up to 12 kilometres of promenade, you will almost certainly have worked up an appetite, and enjoy our farewell captains dinner on board, with live local entertainment.
DAY 8 - SATURDAY -OPATIJA CHECK OUT (B)
After breakfast it is time to say goodbye to all the crew and fellow passengers. Check out is at 0900hrs with a private onward transfer to your hotel or to Pula Airport after a memorable Signature Cruise from Opatija.
- This Signature Return cruise from Opatija in a choice of cabin
- Private, luxury arrival and departure airport transfers & return UK flights
- 7 nights cruise in a choice of cabins with en-suite bathroom
- Welcome reception & cocktail evening
- Daily buffet breakfast with generous fresh fruit selection
- 3 Course set lunch (except in Plitvice Lakes National Park) with a choice of a glass of wine, beer or soft drink
- Unlimited filtered water
- Captain’s dinner with live local entertainment & a traditional village dinner
- Professional Cruise Director
- Guided walking tours of towns: Zadar, Rab Town, Losinj & Opatija
- Entrance & guided tour of the majestic Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Maraschino cherry tasting experience & tasting of the famous Rab Cake
- Visitors’ taxes & port fees
- Luggage handling
- Daily cabin service
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
What’s not Included
- Optional gratuities
2020 Departure Dates from Opatija
- June 27
- Sept 19
Copyright © 2019 Unforgettable Croatia. All rights reserved